Product: APEC ROES-50
Type: Reverse Osmosis UnderSink Drinking Water Filter
Filtration Stage: 5
Product Warranty: 1 year
Recommended For: City and Well Water, Medium Household
APEC ROES-50 is the best entry model for reverse osmosis water filter system where the main core of the product is built with quality and food grade materials. Rejection ratio is excellent but this will lead to more waste water. Installation and replacement is less frequent which turns to a less running maintenance cost. With a price tag of less than $200, it is the top-tier in it’s class and is RECOMMENDED.
APEC reverse osmosis water filter system is a well know brand in town with 17 years of experience is producing a quality product. ROES-50 is their flagship model of water filter
In this review, we will talk about:
- Detailed Review of APEC ROES-50
- Verdict & Summary
Detailed Review of APEC ROES-50
The Best Entry Model RO Water Filter in Town
The APEC ROES-50 is by far the most popular model and received tremendous good reviews on Amazon.
Like other reverse osmosis filters, it is a 5 stage water filter just below the $200 price tag. It is cost effective as well as efficient in filtering up to 99% of the TDS (Total Dissolved Solid) defeating its opponent in its class.
With the capability of producing up to 50 gallons of clean water per day, this water filter served well for a family of eight. APEC filters have a longer lifespan compared to their competitors which made it more affordable in the long run.
The APEC ROES-50 is proudly designed, produce and assemble in the US with superb quality components and filters.
Technical Specification that you SHOULD KNOW…
Below are the summarize technical specification that you should know before buying the APEC ROES-50.
- Water Pressure: 40-85 psi
If the pressure is less than 40, a pressure booster is required.
- Water Temperature: 40-100 F (4-38C)
- Capacity: 50 gallons per day based on 60 psi and 77 deg F conditions.
- Storage Tank Capacity: 4 gallons
- Max TDS: 2000ppm (Almost 3X more than iSpring RCC7)
- System Dimensions: 16″w x 5.25″d x 17.5″h (Fits most under-sink cabinets)
5 Stage of Filtration System to Produce Clean Water…
The APEC ROES-50 comprises 5 stages filtration system:
Stage 1: High-quality polypropylene 5-micron sediment filter – Industry standard 10″ sediment filter is capable of removing dust, rust, sand and other contamination that normally can be seen by naked eye.
Stage 2, 3: 10-micron Activation Carbon Filter – Removing residual chlorine taste, odor, cloudiness and chemicals in from the water source.
Stage 4: 0.0001-micron Reverse Osmosis Membrane – With the higher rejection ratio of up to 99% of TDS removal, the APEC ROES-50 removes most minerals such as Lead, Fluoride, Copper and many more. The bigger than usual storage tank will keep the clean water before passing through the next filter.
Stage 5: Coconut Shell Polishing Carbon Filter – Giving the water a smoother taste and odorless after leaving the storage tank.
APEC guarantees removal of the following minerals using the ROES-50.
Simple Installation for a Non-Plumber…
Installation of all APEC reverse osmosis water filter systems is easy even by just following the user manual. There are some additional tools required if there isn’t a faucet hole in your sink.The filter is able to stand on its own without hanging it against the wall.
Tools that are required :
- Variable speed drill
- Drill bit:1/4” (for the waste line), 1/8” (as pilot, not mandatory), and 1/2” (for standard faucet hole, air-gap faucet requires 1&1/4” hole)
- 5/8”, 9/16” open-end wrench, or adjustable wrench, pliers
- Phillips screwdriver
- Utility knife, or scissors
- Teflon tape
With the help of the diagram above, it is able to visualize how easily the installation can be done by a non-experienced person.
Due to the nature of reverse osmosis technology, water waste is unpreventable. It is advisable to channel the waste water for other usages such as gardening and dishwashing. It is considered clean water as it passed through several stages of filtering.
Long Lifespan Filters …
For APEC ROES-50, the replacement filter happens once a year. The suggested lifespan of each filter is below :
- Stage 1 – 3 Sediment and Carbon Block Filters: 6 to 12 Months
- Stage 4 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Filter: 2 – 3 Years
- Stage 5 Post Carbon Filter: 2 – 3 Year
Majority of the urban area’s owners usually made a replacement filter 12 months or more. APEC’s filter is well known to be long lasting as compared to their peers. This significantly dropped the maintenance and replacement cost of this water filter.
The area which is using private well water might need to change the filter more frequently due to the high sediment contains in wells compared the source coming from water treatment plants.
Replacement filter is relatively cheap with $30 for stage 1-3 filters and $74 for stage 1-5 filters. An average of $40 per year across a duration of 5 years.
The Voice From Existing Owners….
APEC ROES-50 received tremendous good reviews from existing owners and constantly rank at the top for reverse osmosis water filters in Amazon. A summarize comments that were left by the existing owners for APEC ROES-50.
+ TDS reduced to 6ppm after going through the filter.
+ 5 stars for customer support
+ The system is pretty easy to install and improve the taste of drinking water.
+ It’s made in the USA
+ The quick connect is amazing.
+ The instruction is simple and easy to read. Did it take me maybe 2 hours to install?
– Wastewater is too much, 5 gallons of wastewater in order to produce 1 gallon of filtered water.
– The drain saddle is cheaply built and is easily broken when over tighten
– Make sure you put 6-7 wraps of Teflon tape on the metal to metal connection to avoid a leak.
The APEC ROES-50 is classified as above average filter and it is recommended due to the several reasons below:
- Great Filtration: Filter up to 99% TDS with the price tag of less than $200. This is definitely a great bargain.
- Certified by Customers: More than 3000 excellent reviews on this system give confirmation that this product is great.
- Long Lifespan Filters: Great technology produce longer lifespan filters.
- Affordable Maintenance: $40 annual maintenance is among the lowest in all reverse osmosis water filter system.
Where Can I Buy it?
Check out the latest price and consider to purchase the system in our #1 recommended online store, Amazon.
APEC ROES-50 Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
Click on the button above to check on the latest pricing and reviews by happy customers.
More Info and Question
Feel free to drop us a comment below if you have any doubts on our APEC ROES-50 review. We will address your concern as soon as we can.
Still not convinced on how well APEC ROES-50 is doing? Check out the comparison of our best reverse osmosis water filter under $200 and find out how well ROES-50 compare to others.