Product : Home Master Whole House Water Filter (HMF3SDGFEC, HMF2SDGC, HMF2SMGCC)
Type : Whole House Water Filter
Filtration Stage : 2 – 3 Stages
Product Warranty : 2 year
Suitable For : City and Well Water Source
Home Master or previously known as Tap Master, is a well know water filtration brand from Perfect Water Technologies.
Their best seller water filter is the undersink reverse osmosis system TMAFC, and is also our top recommended product for drinking water filter.
Home Master has 3 main models for it’s whole house water filtration system which cater for different purposes.
In this review, you will be expecting:
- Detailed review on 3 System of Home Master Whole House Water Filter.
- Verdict & Summary
Detailed Review on Home Master Whole House Water Filter
There are more than 3 models in Home Master for the Whole House Water Filter. The following 3 models are the best seller filters for Home Master.
High Quality and Efficient Filtration System
Home Master often did extra mile to provide customer with the best system. Some of the highlight on the Home Master whole house water filter.
- Removes up to 95 percent of sediment, chemicals, and other contaminants that create foul tastes and odors.
- Patent Pending Steel Mounting Brackets Fits 16″ Studs.
- Massive Oversize Filter Which Improves Flow Rate.
- 95,000 Gallons Of Supported Capacity.
- 4 Separate Layer Of Sediment Filter in One Canister.
Let’s look at the comparison below:
|Comparison Information||Home Master HMF2SDGC||Home Master HMF3SDGFEC||Home Master HMF2SMGCC
|Filtration Content||Fine Sediment and Carbon||Fine Sediment, Iron and Carbon||Fine Sediment and Catalytic Carbon|
|Maximum Flow Rate||20 Gallons Per Minute||15 Gallons Per Minute||10 Gallons Per Minute|
|Treats iron, manganese, sulfur smell||No||Up to 3ppm||Up to 1ppm|
4 Different Filter cartridges.
The whole house water filters by Home Master are built with up to 3 filtration stages depending on models. It is capable of filter as fine as 1 micron. Below are the details of 4 different filter cartridges:
Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter – Consists of 4 layers from 25, 10, 5 and 1 microns of filtration layers. Best on chemical and bacteria resistance plus leaving big particle behind.
Iron Reduction Filter – Removing iron which mainly available in well water source.
Granular Activated Carbon – Made from highest grade of coconut shell, it removes chemicals, taste and odor of chlorine.
Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon with KDF85 – Removed chlorine, chloramine and heavy metals such as lead, mercury and irons.
|Filter Stages||Home Master HMF2SDGC||Home Master HMF3SDGFEC||Home Master HMF2SMGCC
|Stage 1||Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter||Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter||Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter|
|Stage 2||Granular Activated Carbon||Iron Reduction Filter||Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon with KDF85|
|Stage 3||-||Granular Activated Carbon||-|
|Suitable For||City Water Source||City and Well Water Source||City and Well Water Source|
It’s claimed by Home Master that it’s water filter is capable of removing up to 95 percent of the chemical, chlorine and sediment.
Filter Replacement and LifeSpan
Below are the suggested replacement schedule for all 4 of the filtration cartridges:
- Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter: 6 – 12 Months
- Granular Activated Carbon: 95,000 Gallons or 12 Months
- Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon with KDF85: 95,000 Gallons or 12 Months
- Iron Reduction Filter: Refer to the chart below
All of the filter cartridge from Home Master is quite long lasting and high quality to withstand on bad water conditions.
There is not much maintenance needed on the Home Master water filtration system other than changing the filter cartridge.
However, the filtration cartridge doesn’t come cheap.
- Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter : ~ $36
- Granular Activated Carbon: ~ $97
- Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon with KDF85: ~ $126
- Iron Reduction Filter: ~ $121
For the 2 stage Home Master system, it will cost you about $130 – $170 per year for filter changes while the 3 stage filter cost about $260 per year.
Annual Average Cost : $130-$260.
Installation doesn’t come easy for most of the whole house water filters. The package only includes a steel mounting bracket with bolts with the housing wrench.
Some of the extra tools that you need before installation:
- Shut off valves bypass valve
- Pipe nipples & Pipe Unions
- Pipe Hanger
- Pressure gauge or Pressure Regulator (as needed)
You can refer to the installation guide for more details on how the installation can be done before you call for a plumber.
+ 4 Layer of sediment filtration as fine as 1 micron
+ High flow rate with the oversize filters.
+ Suitable for all water source
+ Filter is small in size. Easily fit in smaller house.
+ Filter replacement once a year.
– Filter replacement cost is not cheap.
– No softener includes in the filter.
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty for the system.
System Dimensions: 25”h x 24”w x 9”d
Water Pressure: PSI 20 – 100 PSI
Water Temperature: 40˚ – 100˚F
Max. Total Dissolved Solids: (TDS): 2000 ppm
Should You Get This? For city water source, all three of the whole house water filter by Home Master are suitable as it is able to produce up to 20GPM water for your house. For well water source, HMF3SDGFEC, and HMF2SMGCC are able to solve your problem.
Some question to think about before you buy.
- If you are buying the Home Master Water Filtration system to solve your hard water problem, this is NOT RECOMMENDED.
- Do you have plenty space in your house to fix the whole house water filter?