Product : iSpring RCC7AK & RCC7AK-UV
Type : Reverse Osmosis UnderSink Drinking Water Filter
Filtration Stage : 6 (RCC7AK) & 7 (RCC7AK-UV)
Product Warranty : 1 Year
Recommended For: City and Well Water Source, Large Household
The iSpring RCC7AK/UV doesn’t received as much great reviews as the RCC7. Most of the customer aren’t satisfied with the alkaline remineralization filter which doesn’t really increase the pH of the water to alkaline state. However, the core filtration functionality still perform great as expected. With just less than $30 dollars differences on RCC7AK as compared to RCC7, you can get a better pH on your drinking water. It is definitely worth investing and RECOMMENDED.
iSpring reverse osmosis system is well know for is reliability, quality and value for money. There are several models in the company which obtained the WQA Gold Seal Award. the iSpring RCC7AK & RCC7AK-UV are one of them.
In this iSpring RCC7AK review, we will talk about:
- Detailed Review on iSpring RCC7AK Series
- Verdict and Expert View
Detailed Review On iSpring RCC7AK Series
Do You know that… It’s not really a alkaline water system…
iSpring RCC7AK water filter consists of 6 filtration stages. It is similar to the iSpring RCC7 with an additional alkaline remineralization filter to increase the pH slightly.
Low pH Increase: However, the remineralization filter doesn’t turned it to an alkaline water. The remineralization filter just add about 0.5-0.8 to the overall pH which comes up to be 6.5-7.2. This range is consider mild acidic to neutral.
UV Light Sterilizer: iSpring RCC7AK-UV is having the same features as RCC7AK, with an additional ultraviolet sterilizer that kills all virus, bacteria and microorganism. It is best use for well water filtration system which has more living organism.
Do you know that … The TDS is worst than RCC7… NO big deal!
5% Lower Rejection Ratio but : The iSpring RCC7AK & RCC7AK-UV is advertised to achieve 90%+ Total Dissolved Solid (TDS) rejection ratio, a drop of 5% as compared to RCC7.
This is due to the remineralization process that adds in beneficial minerals which increases the TDS.
TDS shouldn’t be the sole factor of choosing a reverse osmosis water filter.
What are the similarity of both RCC7 and RCC7AK?
Most features of the iSpring RCC7AK/UV are similar to RCC7 :
1. It is able to remove 98% of the chemicals, heavy materials and sediments.
2. Daily production rate is 75GPD
3. Waste water is 3:1. Every gallon of pure water, 3 gallons of waste water.
4. Low lifespan of filter, including alkaline remineralization filter.
Below are the summarize technical specification that you SHOULD KNOW before buying the iSpring RCC7AK & RCC7AK-UV.
- Water Pressure: 45-70 psi
Choose iSpring RCC1UP if pressure is lower than 45 psi. A pressure regulator is needed if water pressure exceeded 70 psi to avoid leakage due to high pressure.
- Water Temperature: 40-100 F (4-38C)
- Capacity: 75 gallons per day based on 60 psi and 77 deg F conditions.
- Storage Tank Capacity: 3.2 gallons
- System Dimensions: 14.5w x 6d x 18h (Fits most under-sink cabinets)
6 and 7 Stage Filtration System..
The iSpring reverse osmosis system RCC7AK is a 6 stages filtration system:
Stage 1: High Capacity 5 micron sediment filter – It is capable of removing dust, rust, sand and other contamination which is able to be seen from naked eye.
Stage 2, 3: 5 micron Activation Carbon Filter, Carbon Block – Removing residual chlorine taste, odor and cloudiness from the source water.
Stage 4: 0.0001 micron Reverse Osmosis Membrane – It traps up to 95% of the total dissolved solid in the water leaving behind pure water. The water is channeled to the storage tank after stage 4.
Stage 5: Post Carbon Filter – It removes taste and odor after the water left the storage tank .
Stage 6: Alkaline Remineralization Filter – Reintroduce healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium which will increase the pH of water at about 0.5 to 0.8.
Stage 7 : UV Sterilizer (Only for RCC7AK-UV) – Kills all the living microorganism, virus, bacteria by interfering their DNA
Installation Is Simplified and Easy….
For all iSpring reverse osmosis water filter, the installation manual is simple and straight forward. It also comes with an online video to help to visualize the installation process.
Tools that are required :
- Variable speed drill with two bits: ¼” (for drilling a hole on PVC drain pipe), ½” hollow diamond (for drilling a hole on countertop for drinking faucet)
- 5/8”, 9/16” openend wrench, or adjustable wrench, pliers
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Scissors or utility knife
The diagram below visually describe how the final installation happened under your kitchen sink. Drainage of iSpring reverse osmosis water filter is about 3:1. It is advisable to channel the waste water to other use such as gardening.
Frequent Filter Replacement…
For all iSpring water filter, the replacement happens quite frequent. Depending on the capacity of the water usage and the contamination level of the source water, the replacement schedule varies. Below are the suggested replacement timeline for all filters.
- Stage 1 – 3 Sediment and Carbon Block Filters: 3 to 6 Months
- Stage 4 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Filter: 2 – 3 Years
- Stage 5 Post Carbon Filter: 1 Year
- Stage 6 Alkaline Remineralization Filter: 3-6 Months
- Stage 7 UV Light Bulb (RCC7AK-UV only) : Whenever light bulbs goes out, about 1 Year.
On a period of 5 years, the average cost per year on replacement filter is about $82 for RCC7AK and $100 for RCC7AK-UV. It is slightly expensive than the APEC Ultimate Series.
The Voice From Existing Owners….
iSpring RCC7 did received excellent reviews by thousands of customers. How about the iSpring RCC7AK and RCC7AK-UV? Let’s take a look at some of the reviews.
+ The product itself was fairly easy to install.
+ This seem like a good quality filter. Easy assembly, and the water taste great.
+ My particle of 012 are now at 022. Which is still good. Our area tap water is 145ppm.
+ My unfiltered tap water is around 400 ppm! The filtered water is around 43 ppm.
+ You get 95% of everything you need to install aside from a couple tools and possible one additional part
– The alkaline levels are still horrible. The pH balance is almost nonexistent. .
– I have tested the drinking water with two diffrent sets of tests (drops and test strips) and both came out as ph nuetral.
– You pour one glass of water and you waste five down the drain.
–The water is great, but don’t expect it to come out fast. I had to wait 4 minutes to fill a water glass.
Verdict : Recommended!
iSpring RCC7AK series is consider as an average reverse osmosis filtration system. It is not as great as some of the remineralization system such as APEC RO-90PH.
Below are two benefits of the iSpring RCC7AK.
- WQA Gold Seal Award: One of the most prestigious award for water filter which certified the quality and functionality of the system.
- Affordability: Priced just above $200, you can get a reverse osmosis system with remineralization filter. It is one of the cheapest of all.
Otherwise, you can check out our LATEST GUIDE on the best under sink water filter system.