- Reviews by Existing Customers
- Filtration Effectiveness
- Quality of the Product
- Maintenance and Replacement
- Installation Easiness
- Cost Effective (Price/Value)
In general, the APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter MR-1050 does what it claims by the company. It filters the odor and taste of chlorine while increase slightly on the pH to about 7-8.5. The annual maintenance cost is slightly higher than most of the model in the market due to it’s remineralization capability on such a portable device. It is definitely a RECOMMENDED drinking water filter system.
APEX, not be mistaken by APEC, is a southern California based water filter company which has 99% of their product made in-house. They have strict quality control to maintain the standards of their water filter system.
APEX MR-1050 Review
Like most of the the counter top water filter system, APEX MR-1050 uses a single filter cartridge to perform it’s filtration to produce clean water.
As most of you might
The APEX MR-1050 is a simple counter top single filter system which is capable of remineralized the filtered water with calcium and magnesium. Apart from adding good minerals to the water, it also removes up to 95% of the main harmful minerals such as chlorine, arsenic, mercury, lead and etc.
5 Stage Filtration
APEX incorporated 5 stages of filtration system in a single filter to maximize space while still provides a great taste of
- MicroFlet Pad – Removes particles such as sand, rust and dust.
- 5 Micron KDF Layer – Removes microorganism, bacteria and heavy materials.
- Granular Activate Carbon Layer – Removes odor and taste from chlorine, chloramine and organic chemicals.
- Alkaline Layer – Remineralized potassium and magnesium.
- Calcite Layer – Remineralized calcium.
Like other countertop drinking water filter system, no professional plumber is needed. Screw on the adapter to most faucet and you are good to go. You can refer to the installation video below:
The diagram below shows the types of kitchen sink faucets that are tested and verified to be working with the APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter MR-1050.
The filter cartridge is suggested to
Annual Maintenance Cost: $90
Like most of the product, it comes with
Product Weight: 5 lbs
Dimension: 4.5″L x 4.5″W x 12″H
Max Feed Water Pressure: 85 PSI
Flow Rate : 0.75 GPM
The lifespan of the filter is relatively short as compared to the New Wave Enviro Countertop Drinking Water Filter. Hence, it sky-rocketed the annual maintenance cost to $90 per year.
If fluoride is a concern in your source water, this is not the water filter you should be looking for. You can look for the Home Master TMJRF2 which is capable of removing fluoride.
All countertop drinking water filter system is not effective in filtering well water source. It is only recommended for city waters that undergo a first level treatment by the municipal council.
The APEX MR-1050 filter has a few features which I would recommend this system to the public. Here are the few reasons:
- Alkaline Remineralization: Beside filtration, the natural stone increases the pH of the water to make it slightly alkaline.
- Easy Installation: Installation made easy for this system by connecting the adapter to the faucet.
- Portability: It is easy to dismantle and move to another location.
Where Can I Buy It?
Find out more on my recommended online store, Amazon.
APEX MR-1050 Countertop Alkaline Water Filter
Click on the button to get the discounted price and find out the reviews of the product by all happy customers