Product : Aquasana AQ-4000
Type : Counter Top Water Filter
Filtration Stage : 2 Stage Filtration System
Product Warranty : 1 year
Suitable For : Rented Apartment, City Water, Small Household
In general, the Aquasana AQ 4000 water filter does perform a good job in filtering contaminants. However, it is kind of expensive to maintain it if you have a big family as it required constant filter replacement. Furthermore, the quality of the product is inconsistent. It is NOT SO RECOMMENDED as there are other better options.
Not suitable for Aquasana AQ-4000? Check out more choices on our best countertop water filter.
Aquasana is well known for its whole house water filter. Venture
Aquasana AQ-4000 Review
Let’s explore more on the system by looking at the key features.
Aquasana has all their water filters certified by NSF, an international organization which certified and audit food, water
It is testified by NSF that the AQ 4000 is capable of:
- Remove up to 97% of chlorine
- Reduce heavy metals such as lead and mercury
- Reduce organic chemicals such as pesticide and herbicides.
- Chlorine resistant cysts such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- Pharmaceuticals such as estrone and ibuprofen
A detailed list of certification item is listed on this page.
2 Stage Claryum® Filtration
Aquasana water filter uses
There are 4 different segments contained in the 2 stage filters.
- Activated Carbon – reduces herbicides, pesticides
and VOCs .
- Catalytic Carbon – removes up to 97% chlorine and chloramines.
- Ion-Exchange – removes lead and mercury.
- Sub-Micron Mechanical Filtration – Captures asbestos and chlorine resistant cysts.
Meanwhile, it still retained the healthy minerals leaving delicious filtered water to consume.
The Aquasana AQ 4000 water filter is extremely portable with just a screw on faucet adaptor on most of the usual faucet. It is easy to remove and move to a new location if you are renting an apartment.
As there is no permanent fixture is needed, it isn’t required any professional plumber to install this system in your kitchen. You can do it yourselves under 2 minutes. Watch the video below on how easy the installation process is.
Alternatively, you can refer to the installation manual from Aquasana.
Unfortunately, not all faucet is able to fit the faucet adaptor for all countertop water filter. You can check out our under sink water filter as an alternative.
Maintenance is always not cheap for all Aquasana water filters. For the AQ 4000, the annual replacement is the highest among all counter top water filters due to it has 2 separate filtration stage.
It is recommended to change the filter cartridge every 450 gallons of water being consumed.
Annual Maintenance Cost: $120
Aquasana offers 90 days money back guarantee and 1 year warranty on their water filters. It is a great opportunity to take advantage of this offer to try out the Aquasana AQ 4000 today!
Drawback and Disadvantages
The main drawback is the expensive annual replacement cost. It cost more than the filter with one year of replacement.
Some of the customer complaints about the system being leaky. It seems like Aquasana doesn’t have a good quality control testing on their product before shipping out to their customers.
Product Weight: 3 lbs
Dimension: 7″L x 4″W x 12″H
Flow Rate: 0.4 GPM
Verdict: NOT SO RECOMMENDED!
Although it has a great filtration system in removing contaminants, I don’t think it is recommended for several reasons below:
- Expensive Maintenance: It is costly to maintain this machine in the long run.
- Poor Quality Control: Many customers complained about the leaky device which leads to bad quality control.
- Not Cater For Well Water: As described, it is not suitable for well water contaminants.