Product : iSpring RCC7
Type : Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
Filtration Stage : 5
Product Warranty : 1 year
Recommended for : City and Well Water, Large Household
- Reviews by Existing Customers
- Filtration Effectiveness on Rejection Ratio
- Quality of the Product
- Maintenance and Replacement
- Installation Easiness
- Cost Effective (Price/Value)
iSpring is a US based company that has a long history of creating reliable water filters in the market. Their specialties are reverse osmosis system.
iSpring RCC7 Review
iSpring RCC7 Reverse Osmosis Filter System is one of the four Water Quality Association (WQA) Gold Seal Certified product that iSpring owns. It is an under sink 5 stages filtration system including a reverse osmosis membrane filter.
Advertised by iSpring, the RCC7 is able to achieve up to 95%+ TDS (Total Dissolved Solid) rejection ratio. With the complete system, it is able to remove 98% of the chemicals, heavy materials and sediments.
Below are the summarize technical specification that you SHOULD KNOW before buying the iSpring RCC7.
- Water Pressure: 45-70 psi
Choose iSpring RCC1UP if pressure is lower than 45 psi. A pressure regulator is needed if water pressure exceeded 70 psi to avoid leakage due to high pressure.
- Water Temperature: 40-100 F (4-38C)
- Capacity: 75 gallons per day based on 60 psi and 77 deg F conditions.
- Storage Tank Capacity: 3.2 gallons
- System Dimensions: 14.5w x 6d x 18h (Fits most under-sink cabinets)
With the latest update on July 2014, there are some major upgrades which is beneficial to us as a consumer:
- New European Style Brushed Nickel Faucet with stainless steel finish
- Upgraded storage valve and new automatic shut-off valve.
- Upgraded 5th Stage filter and New RO Membrane
- Flood alarm notification.
Multiple Stage Filter Performance
The iSpring RCC7 comprise of 5 stages filtration system:
Stage 1: High Capacity 5 micron sediment filter – Removing dust, rust, sand and other contamination that normally can be seen by naked eye.
Stage 2, 3: 5 micron Activation Carbon Filter, Carbon Block – Removing residual chlorine taste, odor and cloudiness,
Stage 4: 0.0001 micron Reverse Osmosis Membrane – Removing up to 95% of TDS in the water leaving a pure water behind. The heart and soul of the system. The water is stored into the tanks before it passes through the next filter.
Stage 5: Post Carbon Filter – Removing taste and odor after the water left the storage tank .
The table below shows the rejection rate for the most common chemicals that is dissolved in the water.
Installation Is Easy
Installation for iSpring RCC7 reverse osmosis system is pretty simple and straight forward. Following the user manual and the online video is sufficient to help you on the installation. There might need additional drilling for the hole of the faucet and securing the water filter system under sink.
Tools that are required : Drill, drill bit for 1/2” and 1/4″, Pliers, Phllip Screw, Scissors
With the diagram above, it is pretty much self explanatory and easy to fix under sink. All the reverse osmosis system will need a drain pipe to channel the waste water out of the system.
I would highly recommend to channel the drain line to another storage tank for other purposes such as gardening, laundry and dish washing. Those are relatively clean water as they passed though 3 stages of pre filter before rejected by the reverse osmosis membrane.
Maintenance and Replacement Depending on Usage
For iSpring RCC7, the replacement filter is quite frequent. The suggested lifespan of each filter are below :
- Stage 1 – 3 Sediment and Carbon Block Filters: 3 to 6 Months
- Stage 4 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Filter: 2 – 3 Years
- Stage 5 Post Carbon Filter: 1 Year
It is all depends on the capacity of the water usage that you consume. You can always refer to the comprehensive troubleshooting guide in the user manual if you have any problem of the system. If the water pressure turns low, it might be a sign for you to look for a filter replacement.
Annual Maintenance Cost : $50
The Voice From Existing Owners
As the iSpring RCC7 reverse osmosis system has been reviewed and used by thousands of customer, it is good to listen to some feedbacks from them on the pros and cons.
+ Installation is easy and straight forward based on the manual and online video.
+ Apart from the drilling, no extra tools or parts needed as it is all given.
+ Excellent Customer Support.
+ TDS is able to reduced to at least 95%.
+ Replacement filters are relatively cheap and it is popular in Amazon. Shouldn’t have a problem getting new replacement filters.
+ Provide extra parts such as O-rings, tubings and joints.
+ Food grade tubings are been used in the system.
– Waste water is too much, 3 gallons of waste water in order to product 1 gallon of filtered water.
– Whole system is used by plastic which might lead to over tighten and break the tread.
– Technology from US, Not sure whether it is made from US?
iSpring RCC7 can be classified as an above average system for the reasons below:
- WQA Gold Seal Award: One of the greatest award from WQA to certified the great quality of the system.
- High Production Rate: The daily production rate 75GPD is among the highest as compared to
thecompetition such as the APEC ROES-50 which has a 50GPD production rate. it’s
- Affordability: The system cost less than $200 with an annual maintenance fee of less than $50. It is definitely a good bargain.
Where Can I Buy it?
Find out the latest discount in our #1 recommended online store, Amazon.
iSpring RCC7 Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System